There are many considerations you’ll need to make when looking for a house for sale around Ocala FL. However, if you want to become an owner of a pool home, there will be an extra set of factors that must be taken into account when making the final decision. Before you start your search read my tip on buying a house in Ocala there you will get a better understand the process of buying a home! Many of the luxury homes for sale in Ocala has an in-ground but the price range starts at $400K and up.
First of all, you need to decide whether a home with a pool is right for you. According to the statistics, the number of properties with in-ground pools in the US has increased dramatically over the last decade. The vast majority of high-end properties have them, even if the pool is never used. It has become a mark of status. There are also some middle-range pool homes around Ocala FL, so you don’t have to pay a fortune for a property equipped with one.
If you are still undecided regarding this issue, consider the following pros and cons of owning a pool home.
- A pool increases the value of the property, both monetary and aesthetic.
- You can have awesome pool parties.
- Swimming is a great workout and you won’t have to waste time driving to the beach and back if you have a pool.
- You can cool down fast during the hot Florida summers.
- Pools require regular maintenance, so they add to your monthly expenses.
- A pool can present a safety hazard for small children.
- The insurance for a pool home is more expensive.
Selling a Pool Home in Ocala Florida?
You also need to remember that should you decide to sell the property in the future, finding a buyer will be more difficult. However, as pools are a highly sought-after feature in the homes for sale in Ocala FL, this won’t be a problem for you. Start with reading my sellers guide to selling your home in Ocala, FL.
If you believe that pros of buying a pool home outweigh the cons, you’ll need to consider the following factors when choosing one.
- Regular maintenance costs.The type, size, and location of the pool determine the maintenance procedures it requires. Therefore, there is no universal maintenance rate for pools, so you’ll need to find out this cost from the seller beforehand. Your real estate agent will be able to help you with this.Do not forget the increase in the utility bills caused by a heated pool. The Florida climate allows you to keep these costs to a minimum. However, they must be taken into account when you calculate the property upkeep cost before making an offer.
- Home inspection report.Any property must be inspected by a qualified professional before closing the deal. You can entrust finding a reliable inspector to your realtor as these experts work together often and have good connections within the industry. It’s imperative to get a pool home for sale around Ocala FL inspected by a professional who is experienced in dealing with this exact type of properties. Otherwise, even a trustworthy inspector might miss something important.An average pool inspection includes checking the pool itself, heater, pumps, ladders, ground-fault circuit interrupter devices (imperative as this device prevents electrocution), railings, and diving boards if there are any. Note that some of the older pools aren’t equipped with ground-fault circuit interrupter devices. As this piece of equipment is necessary to ensure your safety, you will need to consider buying it and accounting for this when deciding on the final offer.
The requirements regarding the fences around pool homes vary depending on the region. In Ocala FL, the vast majority of properties meet the local requirements, but you should always check to be sure. Remember that the height and type of the fence aren’t the only regulated factors, the type of the gate must also comply with the local codes.
Both the cost and terms of the insurance policy have to be studied carefully. A pool increases the liability risk, so it’s only natural that the total cost of insurance for this type of property will be higher. Study the terms of the policy carefully, and pay extra attention when going over the exceptions and other additional clauses. A reliable real estate agent will help you find the best insurance terms. However, don’t forget to take these costs into account before making a final offer.Style of the pool.
- Style of the pool.
When looking at pool homes for sale around Ocala FL, you will see that there are dozens of pool types available. The difference is not only in the location (outdoors/indoors) and size, but style as well. A pool can be a great addition to the aesthetic value of the property, but it might also distract from it. If the previous homeowner’s sense of style was lacking, the value of the property will be reduced as even though there is a pool, it looks out of place. If you plan to resell the house in the future, you will need to account for the renovations necessary to bring the pool up to match the overall style of the property.